About this Cocktail
Being from Minnesota, I had to make a drink in honor of Prince.
Not only is it called "Purple Rain" in Italian, but it's poured table-side, making "purple rain", if you will.
The grapefruit balances the sweetness of St. Germain very well.
Rest in peace, Prince.
1 Ounce St. Germain
.75 Ounce Tito's Vodka
.75 Ounce Grapefruit juice
2 Thyme Ice Cubes
1. Muddle blackberry,sprig of Thyme and grapefruit juice in cocktail shaker.
2. Add rocks, Tito's and St. Germain
3. Shake for 20 seconds, then let sit for 20 seconds
4. Strain (fine mesh) into miniature carafe
5. Add 2 thyme ice cubes into empty glass
6. Pour drink tableside
Get BarNotes for the iPhone to
discover and share your favorite cocktails.
Give us your email address and we will send you instructions to reset it